We are a hospitality startup.
We believe that nature has the power to restore and reset. Our mission is to inspire guests to get away and spend time in nature. We are transforming the way people vacation in four-season communities by building designed-focused boutique hotels set in nature. Our purpose extends beyond our guests and their experience; stays at Somewhere Inn do good for our people, community, and planet. Learn more about our purpose here.
After a successful 2021 launch of our first property in the Ottawa Valley, we are expanding to new markets in Ontario and Quebec. We are a diverse team brought together by a passion for hospitality and the outdoors.
Our next 20+ room boutique property will be located in Tremblant and is expected to launch in 2024 after an extensive renovation.
About the job
This role reports directly to the founder of Somewhere Inn, whom you will learn from and work alongside to launch our next hotel. You will be responsible for managing the construction process, developing the go-to-market strategy, and executing project deliverables.
If you have experience in product development or project management, or marketing and are looking for a new challenge, we want to talk to you! No one field is required. Our philosophy is that you can bring what you know and learn the rest. We are a small and nimble team so wearing many hats is a must!
Phase 1: Planning
- Work closely with the founder to define the go-to-market strategy including construction, partnerships, marketing, and operations.
Phase 2: Development
- Tenaciously overcome roadblocks and challenges to keep the project on time and on budget
- Steer cross-functional teams from marketing, design, construction, operations, and finance
- Frequently visit the new hotel site; be the key contact for the construction contractor and hold them accountable to timelines
- Assist in onboarding critical operating partners (i.e. in-room products, garbage pick-up, food & beverage suppliers)
Phase 3: Launch
- Collaborate with local tourism providers to enhance our guest offering (i.e. restaurant partnerships, adventure packages)
- Work closely with the founder, marketing team, 3rd party copywriters, and consultants to adapt the Somewhere Inn brand for the Quebec market and develop a marketing strategy for launch.
- Assist in hiring the general manager, front desk, and housekeeping staff
Phase 4: Post-launch
- Distill guest feedback from various sources and work with cross-functional teams to implement guest experience improvements
After the completion of the projection, you will have the opportunity to transition to a new role within the company or lead the launch of subsequent hotel developments.
You are bilingual and live within a 2-hour driving distance of Tremblant. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity. You are incredibly organized, hold others to a high standard, and have no problem speaking up and asking questions. When something needs to get done, you roll up your sleeves and show creativity to make it happen. You are comfortable with tools like Asana, Google Docs, and Google Sheets. You adore the natural beauty of Quebec and love to share its magic with others.
At a minimum, you have a post-secondary education and five years of work experience. Your prior roles don’t necessarily fit into just one box – you can wear multiple hats and prioritize getting things done above all else. Experience launching brands, products, or services is an asset. Experience in construction management is not required, but an interest in it is. Come join an exciting new team!
What you get
- Full-time salary $110K ($100K base + $10K car allowance)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Friends and family discounts
- Learning program: $500 annually for hospitality-related courses
- An inclusive team
Annual work-from-home allowance
Opportunities to grow into new roles within the company after a successful launch of this new hotel
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the job title you are applying for in the subject line.