About the Job
You are responsible for cleaning our beautiful rooms. Your #1 goal is to ensure we exceed the cleanliness expectations of our guests every day! Your key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining quality standards
- Upholding all health, safety and security procedures
- Cleaning all room and common areas by following detailed checklists
- Answering housekeeping-related guest requests
- Adjusting room furniture where necessary
- Checking rooms for items needing repair and reporting back to management
- Preparing linens for pick-up and organizing linens once delivered
- Restocking in-room amenities
- Interfacing with frontdesk to prioritize the needs of the right rooms and right guests
Approachable, thoughtful and fun. You love to let your personality shine. You are comfortable interacting with guests. You have a great ability to follow verbal and written instructions and are comfortable working without direct supervision. You understand cleaning supplies and procedures well. You embrace being active at work and have an ability to bend, twist, kneel, stand and pick up items of varying weights. You are comfortable using iPhones and apps to keep track of tasks. At minimum, you have a high school education. Prior experience in housekeeping is a nice-to-have.
What You Get
- $21/hour wage plus tips from guests
- Full-time and part-time options available. Some weekend work is required.
- Health and dental benefit for full-time employees
- Staff discounts
- Frequent staff socials
- August 1 start date x plus 3 training shifts scheduled between July 1 and July 30.
- An inclusive workplace that values diverse perspectives and fosters community
The safety of our staff, guests and community is our top priority. We abide by health regulations from local, provincial and federal health authorities. We also expect you to abide by regulations outside of work as your actions will directly impact guests and other staff. We expect staff to wear masks 100% of the time while on property, even when alone, and engage in frequent hand washing.
What You Can Expect from the Interview Process
Part 1: Phone Interview. We will ask you situational questions to understand how you would approach various scenarios. For example: what would you do if 3 guests all asked you for more towels at the same time?
Part 2: In-person interview. Come clean for us for 1 hour. We want to see you follow our cleaning checklist and how thorough you are with cleaning.
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com and place the job title you are applying for in the subject line.